The CDC has issued a recommendation that everyone should be wearing masks to slow the spread of COVID-19. Leaving N95s and other PPE to medical workers is essential. With hospitals asking for donations of home-sewn masks, and many people out of work, we've hired cosplayers to use their spare fabric to create home-sewn masks for daily wear, repurposing what they have!
- Each artist was paid an hourly rate of $20, plus materials costs to create each mask.
- Each mask follows a hospital-provided pattern and material usage.
- Some masks utilize ties, or elastic; please note which mask uses what when you purchase.
- Please wash your mask when you receive it. Due to limited accessibility to professional hospital mask-washing facilities, these masks have not been professionally laundered. Our fulfillment center individually bags them and has taken great pains to ensure the safety of employees but we encourage you to wash your masks after each use and upon receipt.
- For masks with ties - if you would like to substitute elastic, simply tie a knot of elastic around one of the ends of the fabric ties and pull it through. Adjust the elastic to your desired size and tie it back.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
FROGGIES - Joanne's Fabrics, sewing by Fresh Hot Flavors
100% cotton with Frog pattern stitched in two layers. 100% cotton yellow back and 5/8 inch seafoam green soft fold-over elastic.
GALAXY - Joanne's Fabric, sewing by Fresh Hot Flavors
- 100% cotton with Galaxy pattern stitched in two layers. 100% cotton back back and 5/8 inch blue soft fold-over elastic.
CROCODILES - Joanne's Fabric, sewing by Fresh Hot Flavors.
- 100% cotton with crocodile pattern stitched in two layers. 100% cotton back and 5/8 inch blue soft fold-over elastic.
Size SMALL has earloops a few centimeters shorter than the normal size; we encourage feedback on how the fit of these feels.