Job Opening - Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track Dual Wield Studio, LLC's assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
This position will operate hand-in-hand with the Finance Director, streamlining payment processes for our artists and partners with a focus on making a pipeline that ensures all of our freelancers and in-house staff are paid promptly.
We are looking for someone excited at the concept of finances and reporting being leveraged to better our working relationship with partners. Someone ethical, who wants to put the people involved in our organization first and understands that doing so will only make the business more successful.
- We have a variety of partners (artists, small creators) who all have different terms for their deals.
- We have a variety of employees in various states, which means we need to be compliant in those states with regard to payroll and taxes.
- We work with many freelancers, meaning a large number of 1099s and multiple incoming and outgoing invoices.
- We're looking for someone who can parse all of the financial data and information and then communicate this to the team on a requested basis and in monthly touch bases. Employees understanding of the financial health of the business and why business decisions are made is an important aspect.
- When conventions are a safe event we can attend, there would be expectations around projections for the convention sales based on financial data, structuring packing lists based on this data, and ensuring that all money is accounted for based on sales reporting from tradeshows.
If the idea of transparency in pay, finances, and all business health information toward staff appeals to you, we encourage you to review the job listing and apply if you're a fit!
- Monitoring and supervising existing accounting partners to ensure compliance.
- Management of one or more staff accountants in conjunction with direct supervisor, Finance Director.
- Managing royalties for incoming/outgoing partners on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Process invoices, reconcile accounts, and maintain up-to-date financial reports
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform an annual audit.
- File tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Using computer applications to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to meet all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements per company policies and procedures.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities, such as account reconciliations, budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff,
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and improvement areas.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The ability to work with a variety of partners, artists, and small creators, and their respective needs.
- Working closely with numerous state laws and regulations
- When necessary, research and implement resources pertaining to other global tax requirements.
- The ability to work with and process a substantial number of 1099s, multiple incoming and outgoing invoices.
- To be able to perform financial data analysis and communicate findings with efficiency to stakeholders.
- The ability to engage in a variety of tasks for convention events such as sales projection analysis, structuring packing lists and overall financial tracking and accountability based on known reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks is not required, but a plus.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience as a Controller (operating within that job or having prior Controller experience).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or related field, required. Partial completion of Masters or progress toward CPA not required, but preferred.
- At least five years of related experience required.
Compensation & Benefits
401(k) Plan: You will have the opportunity to contribute to a 401(k) retirement savings plan, with a company matching program to help you build financial security for your future.
Profit Sharing Program: We believe in recognizing and rewarding the hard work and dedication of our employees. As part of our commitment to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment, we offer a comprehensive profit sharing plan that allows you to share in the company's success. This plan provides an opportunity for eligible employees to receive a portion of the company's profits, ensuring that everyone benefits from our collective achievements.
Vacation and Personal Time: We understand the importance of work-life balance. You will be entitled to paid vacation, sick time, and a number of time off programs for various life events.
Holidays: We observe a comprehensive list of paid holidays to allow you to spend quality time with your loved ones and celebrate special occasions.
Flexible Work Arrangements: We offer flexible work arrangements, including remote work and flexible hours, to accommodate personal and family needs.
Rate of pay: $89,440 - $100,000 a year depending on experience.
This is a fully remote position.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times, but not often.
Travel may be requested but Dual Wield Studio does not have any plans to do in-person events (or have an in-person office) while the pandemic is in effect.
States we can hire from remotely: California, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin.