Job Opening - Business Development Lead
Business Development Lead Job Description
Job Type: Full-time, fully remote, flexible hours
Base Compensation: $70-$100k per year, fully paid healthcare benefits. Further compensation (ie profit share, bonuses, etc.) to be discussed.
- 2+ years sales experience/business development experience (required)
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience prospecting, qualifying, and cold-calling companies
- Experience within relevant industries (publishing, video games, comics, etc.)
Job Summary from Dual Wield Studio
We’re growing and we need your help to grow further.
We’re looking for someone established within the indie games, publishing, and/or greater convention circuit to join our team and help us identify new business opportunities that could lead to further growth for our business and for that of our partners.
Currently, the most pressing need is management of existing partners and clients. We do not have a need to seek out new business at this moment, and so this position would lack a great deal of travel that would normally result. Our present focus is on managing existing partners, strengthening those relationships and identifying what our business plans and opportunities going forward will be.
The right person for this position has been in “the industry” for a while – they have knowledge of licensing contracts, of sales contracts. They’ve got industry partners and contacts they can leverage to gain new business. They have a fundamental understanding of the landscape of licensing and merchandising and understand how to grow it in ways that are sustainable and not predatory. They also understand the difficulty of this position may come from potential partners with resistance to change, to doing things different and are willing and able to push deals to be more equitable for all involved, or are fine accepting some business deals will not go through because a partner will not change or improve.
Our aim in 2023 is to begin expanding, by having this person work with our production team to identify the scale and scope of projects we can take on going forward as well as identifying deals to pursue.
There is full transparency into the accounting, finances and financial backend for all employees at any given point. The money you generate is the business' money, certainly, and it keeps the business going but that money is also generated by you and we believe staff deserve adequate compensation.
With all of this information in mind, we want you to be thinking about all of this when it comes time for an interview. A fundamental understanding of: licensing, artist alley, fandom creators and fandom in general, as well as strong ties to the game dev community as well as generally caring about the work you do and how it helps others are required for this position.
Job Summary (Official)
Dual Wield Studio, LLC is seeking a dynamic and motivated Account Executive/Business Development Lead who can develop sales strategies and methodologies for facilitating contracts to accomplish revenue goals to increase national expansion.
Specifically, this person will be responsible for not only creating and managing their sales pipeline, but taking ownership in driving sales related projects, and owning goals and reporting on particular categories.
This person will directly interface with executive level contacts of prospective clients to facilitate all stages of a sale. The best candidate will drive and create proposals, business cases, and responses to customers' business requirements and take a consultative sales approach.
They will work closely with our production team to determine the integration requirements for the IP holder, provide senior-level negotiation, and liaise with management to assist in launching the IP. This person will work closely with Producers in order to deliver projects, do deep dive analysis, and building strategies to target specific accounts which will have significant impact for Dual Wield Studio, LLC
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Develop business relationships with existing manufacturers as well as potential manufacturers and ensure their compliance with country or state requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with independent artists we work with
- Develop and maintain relationships with mass market partners (~10 or so)
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing licensees.
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- E-Commerce industry or related industry experience (Shopify)
- Experience within the game industry, publishing industry or other relevant industries; no requirement on published titles
- Experience with logistics (B2B sales, facilitating B2B sales)
- Enterprise Sales
- Global business expansion experience
- Experience in selling nascent products/services into new markets
- Track record of exceeding sales goals
- Highly consultative and solution-oriented
- Analytical skill and highly data driven
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity
- Language capability a plus (Japanese, Mandarin, German, French, Spanish, or Italian)
Dual Wield Studio, LLC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Dual Wield Studio, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Interested in joining the team? We don't want a cover letter from you! Please simply submit the most recent version of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with YOUR NAME - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEAD APPLICATION in the title. We anticipate leaving this position open for over a month in order to reach the widest possible network, meaning it will be a few weeks before we follow up with potential leads on this position.