Job Opening - Finance Director
The Finance Director will oversee the financial operations of Dual Wield Studio, LLC and ensure that all financial activities comply with the relevant regulations and policies domestically and internationally. They will also manage the accounting team and ensure the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and other financial reports. The Finance Director will also be responsible for royalty management, online storefronts, royalty generation, international contracts, and tax agreements.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of Dual Wield Studio, LLC and ensure that all financial transactions are accurately recorded in the accounting system.
- Long-term planning within departments, assisting them in creating quarterly, yearly and by-project budgets.
- Prepare and present accurate and timely financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and other financial reports to the management team.
- Manage the accounting team and provide guidance, coaching, and support to ensure that all financial activities are conducted efficiently and effectively.
- Manage royalty payments, generation, and reporting, on a quarterly basis including but not limited to South Korea, LATAM, United Kingdom, United States, and EMEA.
- Manage online storefronts, international contracts, tax agreements, and ensure compliance with the relevant regulations and policies.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations while working with existing fiduciaries.
- Work both internally and with external auditors, tax advisors, and other financial professionals to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations and policies.
- Manage relationships with domestic and international banks, financial institutions, and other stakeholders to ensure Dual Wield Studio LLC's financial stability.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices in financial management and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for facilitating financial reporting and directing two storefronts with the potential for more.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in accounting and financial management.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Experience managing a team of accountants and financial professionals.
- Experience with royalty management, online storefronts, royalty generation, international contracts, and tax agreements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other financial software applications.
Preferred, But Not Required Qualifications
- A history of participation in fandom accounting. Star Trek Zine accounting, convention accounting, event accounting, etc are all relevant.
- Quickbooks and Discord experience are a plus!
- Experience conducting business internationally and knowledge of international financial regulations and practices with familiarity in South Korea, LATAM, APAC.
- Bilingual, English and any of the following: Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, or Chinese.
Additional Information for Finance Director
We're growing and we need your help to grow further.
We're looking for someone established within the retail or finance/accounting world to join our team and help us ensure that our artists, creators, partners, clients and the company's financial health are given the highest of priorities.
The right person for this position has been in the accounting industry for a while – they're familiar with royalty agreements (ideally within merchandising) and the general scale and scope of international deals, internal budgetary requirements, and manufacturing production run budgets. They've got industry partners and contacts they can leverage to gain new business.
They also understand the difficulty of this position may come from potential external partners with resistance to change, to doing things differently than how they have always been done.
- We have a variety of partners (artists, small creators) who all have different terms for their deals.
- We have a variety of employees in various states, which means we need to be compliant in those states with regard to payroll and taxes.
- We operate globally: having someone who can research and implement processes based on our available resources is important.
- We're looking for someone who can parse all of the financial data and information and then communicate this to the team on a requested basis, as well as monthly touch bases. Employees understanding the financial health of the business and why business decisions are made is an important aspect.
- When conventions are a safe event we can attend, there will be expectations around projections for the convention sales based on financial data, structuring packing lists based on this data, and ensuring that all money is accounted for based on sales reporting from tradeshows.
With all of this information in mind, we want you to be thinking about all of this when it comes time for an interview. A fundamental understanding of: licensing, artist alley, fandom creators and fandom in general, as well as strong ties to the game dev community and genuinely caring about the work you do and how it helps others, are required for this position.
Compensation and Benefits:
Health Insurance: We offer a robust health insurance plan that covers medical, dental, and vision expenses for you and your eligible dependents.
401(k) Plan: You will have the opportunity to contribute to a 401(k) retirement savings plan, with a company matching program to help you build financial security for your future.
Profit Sharing Program: We believe in recognizing and rewarding the hard work and dedication of our employees. As part of our commitment to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment, we offer a comprehensive profit sharing plan that allows you to share in the company's success. This plan provides an opportunity for eligible employees to receive a portion of the company's profits, ensuring that everyone benefits from our collective achievements.
Vacation and Personal Time: We understand the importance of work-life balance. You will be entitled to paid vacation, sick time, and a number of time off programs for various life events.
Holidays: We observe a comprehensive list of paid holidays to allow you to spend quality time with your loved ones and celebrate special occasions.
Flexible Work Arrangements: We offer flexible work arrangements, including options for remote work and flexible hours, to accommodate personal and family needs.
Rate of pay: $115k - $130k
This is a fully remote position.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times, but not often.
Travel may be requested but Dual Wield Studio does not have any plans to do in-person events (or have an in-person office) while the pandemic is in effect.
States we can hire remotely from:
California, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin.